Thursday, December 23, 2010

Volunteering at the Diabetes Walk - November 2010

Volunteering is really beginning to become a passion for me. It feels amazing being able to give up my time in order to help someone else that may really need it. No thank you's needed, just the warmth in  my heart. I've decided that I was going to spend at least one day each month giving up my time in order to help out a worthy cause. For the month of November 2010, the diabetes walk was the best opportunity to give back.


This year's Diabetes walk was held early morning in the backlot of Universal Studio's Hollywood. It was a three mile walk with two rest stations set up for the walkers. My portion of the volunteer duties was to hand out water, frutis, and snacks at rest stop #2. It was inspiring to see children, adults, grandparents, and families walking for a cause. Again, I was pretty inspired by not only the walkers, but by the countless volunteers who dedicated their Sunday morning to help a great cause!

1 comment: