Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010 in San Diego, CA

Christmas time is one that I love spending time with my family. San Diego, CA has always been a favorite place to visit for my family. I have very many fond memories of the city from when I was a child. So this Christmas, my mother, sister, our dog stitch, and I headed down for our family vacation!

We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel, which was pet friendly (free of charge)! It's the very first vacation our dog has ever gone with us. We were only in town for one night and when we arrived, we took some time to check out the grounds of our hotel.




After the exploration of the hotel was done, we headed off to dinner. Most places were closed on Christmas day, but we went into Downtown San Diego and found many places open along 5th avenue. We chose a fancy steakhouse that offered 21 day dry aged filet mignon! Yummm.... But it wasn't that easy. The waiter we had was super friendly. We ordered our food and when it came out on the table...a ROACH crawled out of one of the side dishes! Well...we walked out on the meal and the bill! I've listed my full review on yelp.com. Well, after the steakhouse fiasco, we opted for room service at the hotel.

Our next day was spent at Seaport Village. We spent the day eating, visiting all the cute shops, walking the dog around the area, and taking lots of pictures!






3 comments: