Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Vasquez Rocks - August 1, 2010

Vasquez Rocks is located in Agua Dulce, CA. It is a natural park area filled with large rock formations shooting from the ground. It's a popular place to go hiking, picnicking, horse back riding, and to shoot TV shows and movies.

I remember coming to Vasquez when I was much younger as part of the local YMCA summer camp. We would hike and climb rocks all day and eat lunch in the shade underneath one of the rock formations. These fond memories made me want to come back here as an adult and see if this place was just as magical as I had remembered as a child. IT WAS!

I brought a few friends willing to take the challenge of climbing to the top of the highest rock formation with me. We got there and spent a few good hours climbing and exploring the trails. We were able to climb to the very top of the formation pictured above and believe me, heights is a scary thing for me...I truly felt accomplished! I must say, it was much harder to do as an adult than as a child.

In addition to all my fond memories of this place, it is a very popular area to film TV shows and movies. I am literally watching an episode of NCIS right now on TV and they are at Vasquez! It is an amazing sight to see and a great place to visit. If you plan on going in the summertime, there is not much shade so a cooler with lotsss of cold water is a must!


No comments:

Post a Comment