Sunday, May 23, 2010

Amir's Garden - Griffith Park, CA


Amir's Garden is located high atop a mountain in Griffith Park, CA.

Recently, I've added hiking to the list of things I've become interested in. Griffith Park has many hiking trails that offer a quiet and serene atmosphere which range from moderate to high level of difficulty. A friend of mine told me about an experience she had where a friend took her hiking and and when they reached the top, there was a beautiful garden. I couldn't believe that there would be a garden in the middle of the mountain until I saw it for myself.

This Sunday, I took the one mile hike to reach Amir's Garden. The story is...the garden was built by an immigrant volunteer named Amir Dialameh.Amir was inspired by the acts of volunteerism in this country, that he volunteered his time to build a garden in an area of Griffith Park that had been badly burned by brush fire. With the help of many other volunteers, Amir's Garden is now five-acres.

The garden is filled with picnic tables and benches. In addition, there are several trails and steps that allow you to explore the garden. I spent a few hours taking photos, eating a picnic lunch, and enjoying the scenery.

More Photos after the Jump...

No comments:

Post a Comment